More than one in five Australian households now have solar panels on their roof
May 14, 2018
The Clean Energy Council recently welcomed it’s 5,000th accredited installer John Morrell. The programme has recently increased from just over 300 accredited installers in 2007 to more than 5,000 today.
This continual growth is proof that the number of Australian homeowners who are having solar panels installed on their roofs has increased dramatically. Installers are required to meet the Clean Energy Council’s high standards when it comes to both performance and safety, with the Accredited Installer Programme giving consumers the confidence that their rooftop solar system will be or has been installed by a qualified professional.
2017 was a record-breaking year for the rooftop solar industry – 1.25GW of solar panels were installed across Australia, passing the previous record from 2012.
Today Australia is a world leader in rooftop solar installations per capita with more than one in five households now having solar panels on their roof. It is expected that the number of accredited installers will continue to grow, as rising power prices drive homeowners towards considering and installing rooftop solar systems.
The market is growing, so, it is important, now more than ever that you ensure your new rooftop solar system is installed by an accredited installer – ensuring you the highest possible standards.
Why so many Australians are choosing to have a rooftop solar system installed
- Lower power costs, solar systems are connected with the customer’s needs in mind ensuring your chosen package is within your budget while still meeting your energy needs
- Make your own electricity, energy from the sun is free, and it beams down on your house every day, even during winter and on overcast days. Solar panels allow you to harness that power and generates electricity you can use in your home.
- Helping the environment, if you want to contribute to a sustainable future, having solar panels installed is a way of showing you care about your carbon footprint.
- It isn’t as expensive as you think, the cost of buying panels and installing a system has dropped in the last ten years, and there are still government incentives available, helping you save even more money.
- It’s a long-term investment, and your solar system will start saving you money from the moment it is turned on, and, the longer you have your system, the more benefits you’ll enjoy.
- Increases the value of your home, there is value added to your home when you install a quality system, it adds desirability and value to your home instantly.
- Installing a solar power system isn’t a *gimmick* – today people see them as a way of saving money while adding value to their home.
Despite popular belief, solar panels are powered from the HEAT of the sun, rather than relying on sunlight, so it doesn’t matter if you live in an area where temperatures aren’t always high.
Discuss solar power for your home or business with a Clean Energy Council accredited Installer in Sydney by contacting us, call Captain Green today on 1300 361 682.
Why Choose Captain Green Solar?